A lot of people ask us why we recommend medical grade skin care products. We believe that “over the counter” or drugstore products can’t fix real skin problems. Medical grade has higher concentrations of active ingredients.
Drugstore products are formulated for everyone and anyone, and are not dispensed by a Physician and therefore can only have small amounts of any active ingredients.
- If you want to get real results from a skincare product, the product needs to reach deeper layers of the skin. Drugstore products can only work on the epidermis or the outer layer of skin, where the skin cells are starting to shed. Medical grade products can penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin all the way to the dermis, or the middle layer of the skin, where the elastin and collagen are contained, as well as the basal, or the bottom layer of the skin, where new cells are produced. We believe that young, beautiful skin is more than just the lack of wrinkles or beautiful full lips. Younger skin is also brighter, tighter, with more even tones and blemish-free. In order to achieve this, we believe you need products that penetrate deeply into your skin.
- Medical grade products give They have been scientifically published in medical journals and have been proven to work. Manufacturers of medical grade skin care must be able to scientifically back any claims that they make. Each product is put through extensive clinical testing. The ingredients of medical grade products can repair skin at the deep layers, where the problems begin and therefore provide real results.
Examples of ingredients of our medical grade skin care and why we love them:
- Vitamin C – actually improves laxity in the skin, strengthens skin cells and can prevent future sun damage.
- Hydroquinone – reduces discoloration and inhibits melanin production which is what causes the discoloration and age spots that emerge as we grow older.
- Retinol (a derivative of vitamin a) - wonderful for epidermal and dermal stimulation and renewal. Retinol is the only topical ingredient that repairs age-related and environmental skin aging. Medical grade retinol uses a higher percentage of retinol which makes it much more effective than any over the counter retinol.
Regular use of medical-grade skin care products can thicken and strengthen the outer layers of skin and help our bodies to produce more collagen. Collagen, in turn, plumps up the face from the inside out, giving you an overall, more youthful appearance.
If you are looking for skincare that works! Visit us to discuss what product would be best for you!